Saturday, September 1, 2012

Day One: Regaining Self Control


  Today was an ok day. I am currently recovering from a few days of binge eating. The problem with eating disorders is it's really hard to totally get rid of them. Even after months or years, when you are feeling pretty good about yourself they can still pop up. Of course if you are depressed or feeling bad about yourself, well then they really like to come barging back into your life.

  This past week has been hard because my husband has been working nights. Not only that, I have not been able to muster up the gumption to exercise, and have had zero inspiration in the kitchen. All of this got me pretty low.

Yawn....cooking? What?

 However, today is September 1st! I have a new month ahead of me and I am not going to waste it. It may be a hard day because I had a relatively large breakfast. Eating half of your daily calorie allowance in one sitting isn't really the best idea. This morning though I formulated a plan to help me stay on track.

Affirmation: Every day I am going to remind myself of what I am trying to achieve.

Plan: Plan for the day. If I am going out to eat I need to be ready to eat smaller meals for breakfast and lunch. If I think I will want something extra or think I might have low blood sugars I need to take the calories I will need into account for those things.

Eat: Eat what I want. Period.

Exercise: Daily Dog walks + Working out. Work outs have to be fun. I'm not wasting my time doing things I hate. That doesn't mean they won't be hard, or that I will love doing them all the time. If I like the instructors or the music though, things will be easier.

Strength: I need to be strong and not give in to my feelings of hunger. For me hunger mainly comes from poor blood sugar control. My blood sugar gets too high and my body thinks it hasn't gotten enough food when it actually has. I need to always test and then either eat or do something else to distract me from hunger. This is the hardest thing for me.

  That is my plan. Hopefully it will help me stay on track!

No comments:

Post a Comment